Community Outreach by MOE Robotics
|Young and ambitous students interested in robots.|
|Team 365 reaches out to the community not only to involve students in FIRST activities like Robotics and Lego League, but also to give people the chance to see what constructive students are doing in these mixed-up times.|
First State FIRST Lego League (FSFLL) TournamentMOE sponsors Delaware's First State FIRST Lego League Tournament for Lego League, Jr. Lego League, and the First Vex Challenge. See the FSFLL website. MOE also sponsors numerous Lego League teams:
- FIRST Lego League Assistance
- MOE sponsors thirty-one Lego League Teams in the Delaware-Pennsylvania-Maryland tri-state area.
- FIRST Jr. Lego League Assistance
- MOE sponsors forty-five Jr. Lego League Teams.
Duel on the Delaware
The Duel on the Delaware is now a tradional MOE-sponsored event. It is not just for team members, but is advertised heavily in the community to spread the word of FIRST and let people know of the opportunities available for middle and upper school students.
Partnerships with Non-Profits
- DuPont Riverfest - Wilmington
- An exposition and family entertainment at the waterfront for DuPont, in partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware.
- Book Drive
- An annual Book Drive held at the Duel on the Delaware for "National Make a Difference Day". In partnership with Success Won't Wait, a non-profit literacy group.
- Engineering Your Tomorrow
- Bring young girls into DuPont sites for learning about careers in engineering. Partnership with the Girl Scouts-Delmarva Council.
- Boy Scouts
- Engineering Explorer Post
- Robotics Summer Camp
- MOE veterans have been educating Christiana School District students over the summer.
Partnerships with Educational Institutions
- Salem County Community College
- St. Mary Magdelene Middle School
- University of Delaware
- Local High Schools (30+)
- Local Middle Schools (30+)
- Local Elementary Schools (30+)
- High School Visits - Various High Schools
- Presentations to interest fellow high school members.
Partnerships with Special Interest and
- Latin American Community Center
- Chinese American Community
- Center Society of Women Engineers
- Explore Engineering
- Day for young girls to learn more about science and technology. In partnership with the Business, Industry, Education (BIE) Alliance of Delaware (5 years).
- City of Wilmington
- MLK Celebration (2 years).
- DE Aerospace Education Foundation
- Tech Summit - Riverfront Arts Center (2 years).
- A technology presentation to promote high-tech careers to Delaware 9th graders, in conjuction with the Wimington Enterprise Community.
- Engineering society events
- Including Science Coalition, Society of Women Engineers, and National Society of Professional Engineers.
Partnerships with Organizations
- FLOW with MOE
- An annual blood drive by the Blood Bank of Delaware for our local community (3 years)
- Hagley Museum
- Invention Convention (6 years)
- NASA Goddard
- Duel on the Delaware
- Success Won't Wait
- Book Drives (3 years)
- Miracle Of Reading Education (MORE) programs
- Reading at local schools, libraries, and Borders Book Stores about science and technology. See the MORE webpage
- DuPont Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
- A DuPont Program designed to interest young women and men in science and engineering.
- 5k Run/Walk
- MOE created 5k as a event to help FIRST teams raise money. In partnership with Marathon Sports. see the 5k Run/Walk webpage
- Internal DuPont Functions:
- Sigma Xi Noontime Lectures
- DuPont Engineering 100th Anniversary
- DuPont 200th Anniversary Celebration
- Black Achievers - YMCA
- DuPont TechCon
- Engineers Week
- YMCA Day Camp
- First Night Wilmington